Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Hiking up the "Castillo Santa Barbara"


So, as most of you know, nothing in Spain is open on Sundays because of the strong influence of Catholicism. My friends and I decided to take advantage of this and last Sunday we went on a hike up to the top of El Castillo Santa Barbara. One of the city of Alicante's most visible and famous tourist attraction.



My friends and I on top of the world!! :)



The entry way into the castle and the slow hike back down!





It was a bright sunny day with a breeze so with sandwhichs in hand, off we went up to the castle. As an old ruin, the castle has a lot of charm and elegance and luckily the climb up the hill isn't as daunting as it looks.

Take a look at the wonderful view:




Of course the top of the castle had a flag of the wonderful ESPANA! Viva España


View from the Top:

2 comments:

  1. these pictures are GORGEOUS! I'm jell-oooooo

    ReplyDelete
  2. MONA
    Oh!! SOOOO.......BEAUTIFUL PICTURES.AMAZING!!!! ENJOY SPAIN TO YOUR HEART'S CONTENT.
    MOM.

    ReplyDelete