Monday, March 28, 2011
International Dinner Part Deux
As you might have already read, my friend Steph through an International Dinner at her house a month ago and it was a complete success. Because of how amazing all the food was and how much we all got to eat, we decided to host another International Dinner. And when I say we, I really mean my other friend Meagan.
Since Meagan´s house is a little bigger than the rest of ours, she offered to throw a dinner at her place with a guest list of 30 people. Thirty people from more than a dozen different nationalities and plenty of food sounds like a recipe for success, right? Of course!
There was food from Germany, France, Denmark, India, Sweden, Finland, Scotland, Lithuania and Algeria. I loved sampling all the different types of food. However, the large crowd made it difficult to communicate with everyone and it lost its intimate appeal. The last time there was an international dinner it was easier to talk with everyone while eating and after eating as well. One thing I liked about this dinner was that some people decided to talk on the terrace before the meal and each person was given a turn to tell their life story in their own language. It was interesting to hear other languages and others stories. Although we didn't understand the language it was amazing nonetheless. It was a true Erasmus (study abroad) experience!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment