Monday, March 7, 2011

On the Prowl, Again

First attempt at apartment searching had failed. I found an apartment and at first sight thought that it would be a great place to live but as I lived there for a month, I realized a change was necessary. This change was imperative because the place wasn't as clean as I expected.

As housing here in Spain is cheap, especially in Alicante, I knew I could find a much better place for pennies on the dollar. Soon again, the apartment search was ongoing. However, this time I knew exactly what to look for and where to look. I was more experienced, not only with house hunting in general but also with typical Spanish apartment.

Typical apartments have no dryer, no washing machine, no central heating and gas stoves which you run with a large bottle of gas. Heating also runs in the same manner. Also, many of the better apartments will give you freshly cleaned linens and towels. Usually pans, plates, glasses, silverware are common in these fully furnished places, as well. 

Given my price range and my desire need to move out, I was able to find another place which is seemingly like a palace in comparison to my other "piso" (apartment). I have since moved out and have been enjoying the amazingggg apartment.

First of all, the "dueña" (landlord) is supremely nice. She told me if there's anything that I need I can simply ask her and she will make sure I get it. That being said, the piso has a patio in the back, a terrace on top, and an open courtyard in the center of the apartment. Moreover, my room has a balcony! I feel like a princess as I have a beautiful bed, table and dresser set. All new furniture, paintings and light fixtures make the place look more like 5 Star hotel than an apartment.

The best part of it is that I'm paying only 1/3 of what I would normally pay AND I have a bi-weekly cleaning service. I don't think I'll want to come back to Miami after this ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment